Savory Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
Spooky season calls for spooky seasonings! Celebrate Halloween with these hauntingly delicious (and trick-or-CHIA-fied) Vegetarian Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers! 🎃
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 organic bell peppers (preferably large and orange!)
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 1 cup organic rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 15-ounce can organic black beans (drained)
- 1 cup organic whole kernel corn
- 1 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tbsp Mamma Chia Organic Chia Seeds
- Optional toppings: salsa, lime juice, avocado, cilantro, diced red onion
1) Cook quinoa and rice with vegetable stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
2) Hollow out your bell peppers with a fork or spoon and the careful cut jack-o-lantern designs (eyes, nose, mouth) however you like! You can then keep them fresh or lightly brush with vegetable or olive oil and cook in the oven at 357° F for 10 minutes.
3) Add cooked quinoa and rice mix into a bowl and mix in the seasonings, black beans, corn and chia seeds.
4) Scoop the final mix into the bell peppers and serve with toppings of choice!
5) Last step, enjoy this spooky treat with all your favorite ghosts & ghouls! 👻